Monday, April 23, 2007

My Brand New OS

I have been using Ubuntu since last year. Nowadays, Ubuntu made the buzz with the latest release Feisty Fawn. I like those guys because they work hard and make gnu/linux easy for the masses. I suggest you to try Feisty Fawn. It's setup is far more easier than Windows. It has a migration tool that helps you with your documents and settings and several other crap (excuse my french) on your windows partition (or box).

Apart from that Feisty also has this dialog when you click on a media file. It helps you to download the appropriate codec.

Well what is lacking in Ubuntu? Nothing spesific to Ubuntu. What lacks are Adobe software (except flash player, adobe provided the latest flash player for linux too), wide spread games and maybe some even easier applications like iLife. Apart from them, Ubuntu is far more ready than ever for everybody to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment