Monday, November 13, 2006

Second Life


Second Life, originally uploaded by Patmo.

I have done a search for second life on myspace. Here are the search results.

It was really interesting to see that many young people are diving into that second life like crazy.

There are people that publish videos either on myspace or on YouTube. Usually a video of their second life.

Second Life is a game people play over the net, via a desktop application that you can download for free from the second life web site.

I could not run the software of second life because of the low capacity of my windows box. I still use windows on an old computer, just to see how my work looks like on internet explorer 6 or 7. Especially pages I design for web 2.0 via ajax may had problems because java and javascript differ from browser to browser.

Well, anyway, the main machine I work on is a Ubuntu Linux Box, and it is a Centrino with a GeForce card on it with lots of memory. More than enough for a notebook, I might say.

Second Life is going to release a software for Linux Systems too. So I am going to play it on my Linux box. The software is still on the alpha stage, it has some video acceleration problems however it is on the go anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment